The American Red Cross is looking for people to make a meaningful difference in our Northwest community!
AmeriCorps is a great opportunity to serve your community, build professional skills and develop your network in a positive setting.
Applications are now being accepted for 9 AmeriCorps positions: (descriptions below)
- Community Preparedness Coordinator: Bellingham, Bremerton, Everett, Kennewick, Seattle, Spokane
- Service to Armed Forces Coordinator: Bremerton
To apply online, click on https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/publicRequestSearch.do.
- Enter Project Type – AmeriCorps State/National
- Enter State – Washington
- Enter Program Name – American Red Cross and click on the green “search here” button.
- Click on interested position(s), listed below
Along with the required online AmeriCorps application, the American Red Cross requires all applicants to submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, addressing the following:
- What position(s) are you interested in and please also include your top two site location preferences for each position?
- What compelled you to apply for 10.5 months of service with the American Red Cross?
- What two professional, volunteer, or personal experiences make you a strong fit for our AmeriCorps positions?
- What strengths and skills will you bring to each position you are applying for.
Community Preparedness Coordinator – Bellingham, Bremerton, Everett, Kennewick, Seattle, Spokane: The AmeriCorps member will deliver disaster preparedness education presentations in a variety of formats to a variety of audiences and must be comfortable with presenting to youth; Recruit, train, develop, and support disaster preparedness volunteers in various communities throughout Washington State; Perform outreach, capacity building, and support coordination of Homefire Campaign events.
Service to Armed Forces (SAF) Coordinator – Bremerton: The AmeriCorps Coordinator will deliver services, programs, and educational presentations to audiences within our Washington military community; to better prepare service members and their families during times of emergencies and deployments. The member must be comfortable with presenting to youth audiences. Programs include disaster preparedness, first aid and CPR training, resiliency training courses and information on Red Cross emergency communications services.
- Invaluable experience and extensive training from a nationally and internationally-respected organization for school, a future job or new career
- $1,202.86/month living stipend (before taxes) and $5,815 AmeriCorps Education Award upon successful completion of service term commitment and 1700 hours of service
- Eligibility for health insurance coverage
- Subsidized childcare (if qualified)
- Student loan forbearance (on qualifying loans)
- Commit to serve full-time for 10 1/2 months (September 1, 2016 – July 15, 2017)
- Successfully serve in the position, serve 40 hours a week and meet the 1700 minimum requirement for a full term of service
- Be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or 2 years of college and/or relevant life experience
- Have a valid Driver’s License & clean driving record, prefer if member has own reliable vehicle
- Pass required criminal background checks
- All AmeriCorps positions will require occasional travel to other Red Cross Regional offices
- Must be comfortable working with a wide variety of people from all walks of life and backgrounds, and respect the Red Cross principles of neutrality and impartiality
For more information, please contact Nancy Watchie at firstname.lastname@example.org