The Red Cross is seeking enthusiastic individuals to serve as Service to Armed Forces (SAF) Program Facilitators at 2 Washington State Military Installations from October 16, 2018 – August 31, 2018.
Positions will focus on recruiting and engaging veterans as volunteers; supporting local veterans services; supporting the Active Duty, National Guard and Reserve in the area.
Joint Base Lewis-McChord (Tacoma, WA)
Fairchild Air Forces Base (Spokane, WA)
AmeriCorps program benefits include:
- Invaluable experience and extensive training from a nationally and internationally respected organization
- $1,307.82 per month living allowance provided by WSC (before taxes)
- $5,920 Education Award upon successful completion of service term commitment and 1,700 hours of service
- Eligibility for health insurance coverage
- Student loan forbearance (on qualifying loans)
- Subsidized childcare (if qualified)
- Commit to serve full-time for 10.5 months (October 16, 2018 – August 31, 2019)
- Serve minimum 40 hours a week and meet the 1700 minimum requirement for a full term of service
- Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
- Must pass required criminal background checks
- Must be at least 18 years of age and high school graduate – college graduates happily accepted
- Must have valid Driver’s License & clean driving record, prefer member has own reliable vehicle
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. in and out of a car.
To Apply: Click HERE and complete the required Washington Service Corps application
Please Note: AmeriCorps positions are contingent upon award
For more information, please contact email@example.com