Have you decided on your New Year’s Resolutions yet? Resolve to volunteer.
The American Red Cross has many opportunities to help you connect your skills, availability and interest with needs in your community.
Here are the top 10 reasons why you should volunteer. Read them, then explore our most urgent volunteer needs at www.redcross.org/volunteertoday.
- Volunteering is a great way to meet new people. The American Red Cross has many amazing people from all backgrounds that have like minds, to serve others.
- Volunteering can increase self-confidence. Your role as a volunteer can bring a sense of pride and accomplishment bringing about a positive self-imagine
- Volunteering can help you stay physically healthy. Many Red Cross volunteer roles can help get you out of the house and moving around.
- Volunteering can be fun and fulfilling! Explore new interests and passions all while contributing to a meaningful cause.
- Volunteering can help learn new skills. Many Red Cross positions include training and opportunity to experience new adventures.
- Volunteering has a happiness effect. Helping people, meeting new friends? How can you not be happy?
- Volunteering can bring meaning and purpose. The mission of the Red Cross is to prevent and alleviate human suffering.
- Volunteering can make a difference in someone’s life. Whether you are helping a family that just had a fire or supporting the collection of live saving blood, the impact is real
- Volunteering can make a difference in YOUR life. So many of our volunteers express a surprising experience of how volunteering with the American Red Cross has changed their life.
- Volunteering can be done from home. That’s right, in your pajamas! The American Red Cross has many virtual volunteer positions.