Animal and Pet Assistance
A resource list for those needing to care for pets and/or large animals
- Chelan area: Pets are welcome with the Wenatchee Valley Humane Society at 1474 S. Wenatchee Ave.
- Animal related issues for Chelan and Okanogan Counties should go to Wenatchee Humane which also serves as their animal control at 509 662-9577 ext 1 or No Paws Left Behind (for Okanogan) in Oroville 509 476-2911 .
- Brewster Vet Clinic has limited availability. Call 509-689-2616
- Ferry County: Pets are welcome at Forget Me Not Shelter, 49 W Curlew Lake Rd, Republic, WA 99166.
- Stevens and Ferry County: SpokAnimal can help with small pet sheltering. Call 509-995-6010, 509-994-4442 or 509-993-4071.
- Rough Start Horse Rescue (509-723-7532) – pick up and house livestock
- Pend-Oreille Pet Lodge (208-255-7687) discount boarding
- Forget Me Not Animal Shelter (509-775-2308) boarding for cats and dogs
- Chewelah Vet Clinic (509-935-6424) emergency pet boarding
- ASPCA (509-995-8034) Pet shelter
- Sharon Stumpf (509-935-8684) Connect pet owners with resources
- Clayton Fairgrounds (509-276-2444 no pet housing available however, room for horses
- Lisa Lucas (509-276-9118) Dogs only – pick up available
- Melodies Riders (509-690-0664) horse and llama pens
- HEART (509-981-2580) emergency shelter & rescue
- Colville Animal Hospital (509-684-2101) provides care for cats and dogs(space limited)
- Colville Fairgrounds (509-684-2585) large and small animals – owner responsible for care
- Spokane Polo Club (509-994-8000) can house up to 100 horses and help haul animals. Humans can camp nearby
- John Ford (509-793-3059) transport large animals – possible shelter for a few.
- WSU Extension (509-477-2170) housing feed, hay, surgical blankets, salt lick, feed bags, etc.